Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What do you think of blogging technology in terms of teaching and learning?

First, I want to point out that I am blogging on a strictly class-related blog. This supports the instructional use and value of blogging in the classroom arena. A blog could be used as a platform to answer review questions verses the traditional paper and pen. I think blogging also supports the Flipped classroom model so that students can now complete tasks online, at home via virtual classroom tools. Blogging is also a great tool to spark debates and idea exchange amonst students and professor, even used as a discussion board. I think that the best use would be to have students keep their own personal blog, maybe as a writing or sceince journal, to reflect on at the end of the year. For discussions a classroom website wouldsuffice where there is a discussion corner for students. Ideas? What would you add ?

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear you mention the flipped classroom model. I think educators will begin to use more and more of this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete