Sunday, March 10, 2013

Reflection: PowerPoint Presentation

This week I took the same lesson plan and created a PowerPoint presentation as if to present it to my classroom. I have done PPs countless times in class before so the program was not as difficult as putting the actual lesson on slides. In this assignment I had to be aware of how much information was on each slide so not to overload a single slide and to make it pleasing to the eye of my audience. Since I made this lesson plan for a 2nd Grade class, I made my slides very basic in color so to highlight the key points to keep students on track. I also included lots of pictures and sounds to both relay the music lesson as well as keep the students attention. One thing I particularly liked about my PP was that I incorporated classroom activities, games, and a class project. I am eager to try this method out to see if having "breaks" for activities and games does well with the classroom and helps them retain the lesson better.
The only problem I encountered was emailing the file because the file size was too large. Other than that, I'd say I enjoyed this assignment and will really be using PP in my everyday classroom for lesson plans.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on Units 4A & 4B. You are missing Reflection 4C and Unit 5 reflection.

    ReplyDelete