Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Discussion II: Enhancing the Classroom

Unit II, Discussion II:  Discuss how this tool/resource can enhance your own teaching and learning in the classroom. Give at least 3 examples of how you would use the Internet to improve teaching and learning in your classroom. Make sure at least one of your examples focuses on how you would use blogs in your classroom.
====

Since I dont have my book yet, I have put the first discussion off- to be posted soon! So for this discussion, I want to first point out how technology can be used really ANY way in the classroom. That is, for introdcuing new lessons, providing real world examples, interactive classwork, testing and evaluating skills, or even larger project assingnments; all can be done on the computer, interactive whiteboards, or personal equipment such as an ipad.
Three specific example on how technology can enhance learning in the classroom would be: One, visual lesson plans can be more effective to students, especially younger learners. I want to make sure I have many powerpoint presentations to introduce lessons and offer students to bring in a thumb drive to bring home notes. Two, the use of interactive whiteboards is a great way to get the students involved right then and there. I can see the use of these in skill-based games styled after Jeopardy where whoever writes it on their board first gets the point. I think this is great, also, to see their work in math problems. And Three, blogs can enhance learning by keeping the students more connected with both the teacher and other students. I can see having their own blogs, under my classroom page of course, being useful in group projects especially.We dont always have time to get together and compile a posterboard of the latest assignment, but with a blog students can access their partners and post information virtually anywhere anytime. Even if its a way to say hey meet me here at this time to work on the project, that open communication allows more to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment