Reflection III: Creating a Spreadsheet
For this unit, I created a grade sheet using Microft Excel documenting a fictious class of ten students and then graphing their class averages. Now I use Microsft software in my daily life and was no stranger to the program; what was new to me was making a graph to represent the data recorded. So, what I did was list out each students assignment grade, calculated their average, and calculated the class average of each subject. I feel the graphs would be a great tool in the real classroom environment to see a visual representation of strengths and weaknesses. For example, in my graph I could easily identify that History had the lowest class average of all the subjects and could use room for improvement. As a teacher, this woud help me notice areas I need to emphasize more with my class or even develop a new teaching method for.
I find Excel the best, hands-down, for calculating sum and averages (both crucial to the grading process). It was not difficult to create my own formulas either, which will come in handy for grade curves, weighted assignments, bonus work, etc. I hope everyone else found this to be as valuable of practice as I found it to be!
*Under Construction* Ms. Young's practice spreadsheet to be u p l o a d e d s o o n
No comments:
Post a Comment